We design, manufacture and distribute a huge range of high quality robust audible and visual warning signals out of our international headquarters based in Swadlincote, Derbyshire, UK.
Since the founding of the company, customers and staff have always been of highest priority. As the company has evolved, we have had the privilege of building great partnerships with key suppliers as well refining our technical ability. We are very aware that this business relies on the constant balance between the staff team, customers, suppliers and technical innovation; each has a vital part to play in the continued success of D.G. Controls Limited.
The company was formed in 1967 as a one-man business that was dedicated to solving the non-contact sensing problems of a number of large multi-national corporations.
In recognition that, having sensed a condition within a piece of industrial machinery, there is a need to provide some sort of signal, the company began development and production of its own range of visual warning signals. Over the intervening years this range has been extended to include all types of warning signals and has exploded to the point where we today offer well in excess of 5000 individual stock lines.
Despite being formed over 50 years ago, we still strive “To be the best supplier of audible and visual signalling devices in Europe”. To this end we won awards for export achievements and for advanced uses of Information and Communication Technology.
Early in 2001, this emphasis was recognised and rewarded by our gaining the prestigious Investors in People award, which can only be achieved after rigorous auditing not only of the company's personnel training and operating methods, but also their customer perception and care attitude. We are committed to renewing this qualification every three years to be certain that we are continually updating our operating policies to industry best practices.
Investment in our people is positively reflected in the development, design, manufacture and marketing of the entire deegee product range.
Our Sales Team are second to none when it comes to advising on the very best solution to your signalling need.
Our ongoing developments in all markets and user areas will inevitably mean yet more products being added and launched at the worldwide exhibitions we attend each year.
Whilst strongly market led, our development team regularly introduce concept products to push the boundaries of visual hazard warning and information display; many of these concept devices becoming standard within our range when welcomed by our customers. To aid this, we have full in-house development expertise and this helps foreshorten product development lead-times.
Since 2008 we have invested heavily in our in-house EMC and Optical Laboratory equipment that enables us to feed product performance straight into the development process. This ensures that we not only launch products that meet latest standards, but we are best placed to have early visibility of potential issues and opportunities that may affect the final product. We believe that this is the only way to bring products to market that offer an optimal balance between performance and value within an ever faster and more demanding marketplace.
ISO 9001:2008 formalises all aspects of our commitment to quality of service and manufacture, and forms the bedrock of the company’s entire operations. We recognised at an early stage that only by embedding the principles at the core of every department would we capitalise on the benefits that a Quality Management System (QMS) certified to ISO9001 can bring.
Management are committed to the integration of the QMS with other standards, such as Investors In People as well as with our Health and Safety policies. We are committed to continually improving our internal processes and look to further adopt Environmental (ISO 14000 series) and Customer Service (BS 8477, ISO 10001 and ISO 10002 series) in due course.
D. G. Controls Ltd is committed to achieving sound environmental performance by controlling the impact of our activities.
The company philosophy is one that recognises the need to contribute to reducing environmental impact as part of its strategy.
- Waste reduction and recycling by all means possible
- Conservation of resources by ensuring sensitive usage
- Phasing out, where practical, any ozone depleting activity
- Compliance with all relevant legislation
- Encouraging employees and contractors to consider the environmental impact of any activity.
At D G Controls Ltd we recognise our duties under current health and safety legislation and we will endeavour to meet the requirements of this legislation and maintain a safe and healthy working environment. Our Managers and Supervisors are informed of their responsibilities to ensure they take all reasonable precautions, to ensure the safety, health and welfare of those that are likely to be affected by the operation of our business.
D G Controls Ltd recognises its duty to make regular assessment of the hazards and risks created in the course of our business.
We also recognise our duty, so far as is reasonably practicable:
- to meet our legal obligations to maintain safe and healthy working conditions;
- to provide adequate control of the health and safety risks so identified;
- to consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety;
- to provide and maintain safe plant and equipment;
- to ensure the safe handling and use of substances;
- to provide information, instruction, training where necessary for our workforce, taking account of any who do not have English as a first language;
- to ensure that all workers are competent to do their work, and to give them appropriate training;
- to prevent accidents and cases of work related ill health;
- to actively manage and supervise health and safety at work;
- to have access to competent advice;
- to seek continuous improvement in our health and safety performance and management through regular (at least annual) review and revision of this policy; and to provide the resource required to make this policy and our Health and Safety arrangements effective.
We also recognise:
- our duty to co-operate and work with other employers when we work at premises or sites under their control to ensure the continued health and safety of all those at work; and
- our duty to co-operate and work with other employers and their workers, when their workers come onto our premises or sites to do work for us, to ensure the health and safety of everyone at work.
To help achieve our objectives and ensure our employees recognise their duties under health and safety legislation whilst at work, we will also inform them of their duty to take reasonable care for themselves and for others who might be affected by their activities. We achieve this by explaining their duty and setting out our company health and safety rules in an Employee Safety Handbook which is made available to every worker employed by us.
In support of this policy a responsibility chart and more detailed arrangements have been prepared.